2021 World Sambo Championships
Feature Grappling, Knockouts and a Bite
Consisting of competition in sport sambo for men and women and men's combat sambo, which allows striking, it was nations from the former Soviet Union, where sambo first became a sport, that dominated the tournament. The only countries which weren't part of the old Soviet-bloc to earn gold were Israel, whose Alice Schlesinger captured the women's under 72 kg division, and Cameroon's Maxwell Djantou Nana who took the over 98 kg combat sambo title. The event was marred by controversy on day two as local Uzbek competitor Sarbon Ernazarov was disqualified in the finals of the 71 kg sambo division when his Russian opponent complained to the referee that he had been bitten displaying an apparent bite mark on his back.
- Judo Blog: Freestyle Judo ›
- Sambo - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Azerbaijan Team Disqualified From Sambo Championships - Black ... ›
- Judo Blog: Freestyle Judo - Black Belt Magazine ›
- European Sambo Championships Commence With Participation of "Neutral" Russians - Black Belt Magazine ›