COVID-19 Pandemic Forces Another International Martial Arts Tournament to Postpone
The Battle of Atlanta World Karate Championships is a sport karate tournament sanctioned by the North American Sport Karate Association (NASKA). Promoters Greg and Toby Ruth announced today that the event has been rescheduled for July 23-25, 2020. The tournament will still be held at its original venue, the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel. The announcement follows the postponement or cancellation of many other world-ranked martial arts events around the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The U.S. Capitol Classics and the U.S. Open are other NASKA world tour events that have decided to postpone their events, to November 20-21 and December 18-19 respectively. The Quebec Open, AmeriKick Internationals, and Ocean State Grand Nationals have all been forced to cancel their events. The AmeriKick Internationals and Ocean State Grand Nationals will be hosting virtual tournaments to compensate for their cancellation, and other tournaments are expected to announce decisions regarding virtual tournaments in the coming weeks.
- Howard Jackson: 2006 Honorary Award | Black Belt Magazine ›
- The Battle of Atlanta Announces New Date - Black Belt Magazine ›
- U.S. Open Announces New Date - Black Belt Magazine ›
- BREAKING: NASKA Releases COVID-19 Safety Plan for Remaining Events - Black Belt Magazine ›
- 25 Facts About the Filipino Martial Arts - Black Belt Magazine ›
- A martial Artist's Guide to Coping with COVID - Black Belt Magazine ›