Ronda Rousey: MMA Fighter Shares Judo Info Regarding Arm Locks
Born February 1, 1987, international judo champ Ronda Rousey has been called an "MMA powerhouse" by Black Belt magazine. Her judo info in terms of competition success would arguably qualify her as a "judo powerhouse," as well. At the 2004 Olympics, the 17-year-old North Dakota native was the youngest judoka competing. She placed ninth, which was the highest place attained by an American female judoka. At the 2004 World Junior Judo Championships, she won a gold medal. At the 2006 World Junior Judo Championships, she took home a bronze medal. At the 2008 Olympics, she was awarded bronze. In addition, the medal count on her judo-info roster adds up to more than 20 golds from other competitions.
JUDO VIDEOS Ronda Rousey: MMA Fighter Shares Judo Info Regarding Arm Locks
Learn how The Book of Five Rings came to be in this FREE Guide —
Miyamoto Musashi: Samurai Weapons Legend, Creator of Niten Ichi-Ryu and Author of The Book of Five Rings.
- More Judo Videos From Ronda Rousey: Learn the “Juji Squish Roll”
- Judo Info Central — BlackBeltMag.com's "Judo" Page
- Judo Info From Gary Goltz: How to Master the Foot Sweep
- Judo Videos: Gary Goltz Performs a Hybridized Judo-Aikido Kata
- Judo Videos: Kayla Harrison Shows You Judo’s Ouchi Gari (Major Inner Reaping Throw) Technique