Rickson Gracie, inductee in the Legends of MMA Hall of Fame, is a 9th Degree Red Belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, retired mixed martial artist and member of the Gracie family: the third oldest son of Hélio Gracie, joins us for the FightBack live event! Rickson spoke on this history of Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and gave tips and advice for BJJ competitors.
Regarded by many as the best BJJ competitor of all time, Gracie began his training almost as soon as he could walk, and began competing at age 6. His efforts, along with his brothers', Rorion and Royler, helped popularize BJJ in the United States. The Gracies collectively sparked the competition style that would develop into the UFC.
- Grappling Mma | Black Belt Magazine ›
- BJJ Advice From Rickson Gracie: Grapplers Must Also Learn To Strike ›
- Rickson Gracie: Classic Q&A With The Legend Of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ... ›
- BJJ Advice From Rickson Gracie: Grapplers Must Also Learn to Strike - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Rio de Janeiro Honors Martial Artists With Walk of Fame - Black Belt Magazine ›