Michael Jai White:How Traditional Martial Arts Training Led to Success in His Life and Career!
In this exclusive interview filmed during his cover shoot for the October/November 2014 issue of Black Belt magazine, the martial arts movie star talks about discipline, development and training with the late Joe Lewis.
A role model to millions, film star Michael Jai White has studied the martial arts for 30 years and is far from finished! An observant fan once referred to Michael Jai White as "Denzel Van Schwarzenegger." The nickname is as accurate as it is hilarious — an amalgam that creates the perfect triad to describe Michael Jai White: actor, martial artist, fitness icon. Plenty of celebrities have ascended to superstar status by standing atop just one of the three pillars that support Michael Jai White's career. Years of rugged training have produced a work ethic that enables him to nurture all three sides of himself. The lifestyle is possible, Michael Jai White says, only because of the discipline he learned in the dojo.
MICHAEL JAI WHITE VIDEO How Black Belt Magazine, Traditional Martial Arts Discipline and Working With Teachers Such as Joe Lewis Led Him to Success in His Life and Career
"I'm not one to spoil myself," Michael Jai White says. "I'm living the life of a professional actor, but I train like a professional fitness person, and I do martial arts like a professional martial artist. I don't have an assistant. And people who don't do a quarter of the work I do have an assistant — sometimes two. People say, 'How do you have the time?' It's all about discipline."
Learn about the genesis of brutal tests such as the 100-man kumite in this FREE download! History of Karate: Inside Mas Oyama's Hard-Core Kyokushin Karate Conditioning Program
Click here for an inside look at the October/November 2014 issue — and be sure to pick it up today for more from Michael Jai White in his cover story, including his takes on:
- his "schizophrenic" career
- being a "martial arts nerd"
- training with Bill "Superfoot" Wallace
- his bucket list
- why Hollywood fight scenes irritate him
- traditional martial arts training vs. mixed martial arts training
- who the winner would be in a sparring match between his current self and his younger self
... and much more!
Related Martial Arts Books, E-Books,
DVDs and Video Downloads
Full-Contact Karate: Advanced Sparring Techniques and Hard-Core Physical Conditioning
Shotokan's Secret: The Hidden Truth Behind Karate's Fighting Origins — Expanded Edition
Dojo Dynamics: Essential Marketing Principles for Martial Arts Schools
- The Kyokushin Karate Roots of Michael Jai White - Black Belt ... ›
- Michael-Jai-White - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Martial Arts History: Michael Jai White, Kayla Harrison, Tim Kennedy ... ›
- Michael Jai White on Discipline and Success - Black Belt Magazine ›
- The Kyokushin Karate Roots of Michael Jai White - Black Belt Magazine ›
- The Black Belt Podcast Michael Jai White's PIO (Podcast Info On) - Black Belt Magazine ›