"I think anything that I've accomplished can be attributed to the discipline I learned through martial arts."
That's an impressive statement coming from anyone. When it comes from someone with as many accomplishments as Michael Jai White, though, it is doubly powerful. White holds black belts in seven different martial arts styles, including Shotokan, taewkondo, Goju Rye, and wushu. He is one of the first Black actors to portray a mainstream comic book superhero in a major motion picture (Spawn, 1997). And, that's only one of his leading film roles!
In this interview with Black Belt Magazine, White discusses how martial arts have helped him succeed in all his endeavors. Watch the full interview below: \
Michael Jai White on Success, Discipline, Black Belt Magazine, Kyokushin Karate and Joe Lewis (2014) www.youtube.com
- Michael Jai White: Black Belt Magazine Cover Shoot - Black Belt ... ›
- Martial Arts History: Michael Jai White, Kayla Harrison, Tim Kennedy ... ›
- The Kyokushin Karate Roots of Michael Jai White - Black Belt ... ›
- 5 Keys to Long-Term Success, Part 2 - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Michael Jai White:How Traditional Martial Arts Training Led to Success in His Life and Career! - Black Belt Magazine ›
- The Kyokushin Karate Roots of Michael Jai White - Black Belt Magazine ›