Youngest Ever Champ, First Brit Titlist Among Winners at IBJJF Worlds
On the other end of the spectrum, 18-year-old Mica Galvao became the youngest ever world champion capturing the 76 kg class over 19-year-old Tye Ruotolo by a 2-0 score. At 70 kg Isaac Doederlein became only the sixth American to ever gain a world championship with the gi.
The women's divisions saw Gabrieli Pessanha garner double gold for the second straight championships, beating rival Yara Soares 4-2 in the 79+ kg category, then capturing the open division by decision over Amy Campo. Meanwhile, Ffion Davies became the first ever British competitor to take a world title garnering the women's 63 kg class.
- ADCC World Championships Postponed - Black Belt Magazine ›
- 2022 is the Year of ADCC - Black Belt Magazine ›
- BJJ 2021 Year in Review - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Jiu-Jitsu World Champ Stripped of Title For Failed Drug Test - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Hugo, Pessanha Dominate at IBJJF World Championships - Black Belt Magazine ›