How-to Disarm a Gunman
It's a situation you never want to find yourself in: back against a wall, gun pointed at your face. It's too late to run or hide, and your assailant doesn't want anything from you, or they've already taken everything, or are asking for something you can't give (for example, they're trying to take your child).
Under those circumstances, your options are limited. Your best choice may be a gun disarm, like this one shown by self-defense expert Richard Ryan. Keep in mind that although the movements seem simple, if you ever have to do it in real life it will be in a high-stress situation. Therefore, if you plan on executing the technique, you'll need regular practice.
(Since most of the population is right-handed, this drill assumes the gunman is holding the gun with their right hand.)
- Grab the muzzle of the gun with your left hand.
- Strike their wrist with your right hand/blade of your forearm.
- Use the rotation to strip the gun away from them.
These are listed as steps only to show all the movements needed. In reality, these should be performed as close to simultaneously as possible.
How-to Disarm a Gunmanwww.youtube.com
- Gun Disarm Demonstrated by RedMan Training - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Krav Maga Gun Disarm Techniques and Tactics: Control the Weapon ›
- Krav Maga Gun Disarm Techniques and Tactics - Black Belt Magazine ›