On Episode 1470 of the popular Joe Rogan Experience podcast, hosted by UFC commentator/comic/actor Joe Rogan, Elon Musk said that when he was a child, he trained in kyokushin karate, taekwondo, judo and "Brazilian jiu-jitsu briefly."
Musk, 48, founder of Tesla Inc., SpaceX and The Boring Company, also noted that his children have trained in jiu-jitsu since they were 6. Not being a martial arts enthusiast to the degree that Black Belt readers are, Musk did not specify whether they are learning Brazilian jiu-jitsu or Japanese jujitsu. From his previous comment, however, one would assume he was referring to BJJ.
Rogan is a lifelong martial artist. A former Massachusetts state taekwondo champion and muay Thai practitioner, he became a BJJ evangelist who often recommends the grappling art to his podcast guests. Rogan appeared on the cover of the December 2002 issue of Black Belt.
- Joe Rogan Owes His Success to Taekwondo, Thai Boxing and ... ›
- Joe Rogan Owes His Success to Taekwondo, Thai Boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu - Black Belt Magazine ›
- When Should Your Kids Start Martial Arts and Which Styles Are Safest for Them? - Black Belt Magazine ›
- BJJ Black Belt Jocko Willink — Bonus Content! - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Muay Thai for Practical Street Self Defence - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Self Coaching: A Guide to Make Lasting Progress! - Black Belt Magazine ›