BLACK BELT MAGAZINE'S TOP GRACIE BJJ VIDEOS Kyra Gracie: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Photo ShootKyra Gracie won the 132-pound division at the 2007 Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championship. The Brazilian native is now based in Southern California, and she has big plans to increase the number of women participating in Brazilian jiu-jitsu around the world. Kyra Gracie was featured in the June 2008 issue of Black Belt magazine.
MMA expert Bas Rutten shares fighting secrets most people
never even consider in this FREE download!
Bas Rutten’s Mental Strategies for Fight-Winning MMA Techniques and
Lifesaving Self-Defense Moves
BLACK BELT MAGAZINE'S TOP GRACIE BJJ VIDEOS Ralek Gracie: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Leg AttackOn May 29, 2010, at DREAM 14 held at the Saitama Super Arena in Japan, Ralek Gracie defeated the "Gracie Hunter," the famed Kazushi Sakuraba, via unanimous decision. In this exclusive video shot at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance, California, Ralek Gracie shows you how to go from side mount to an ankle lock in an effective attack on the opponent's leg.
BLACK BELT MAGAZINE'S TOP GRACIE BJJ VIDEOS Ralek Gracie: Countering the Kimura in BJJ and MMAIn this second exclusive video also filmed at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance, California, Ralek Gracie shows you how he countered "Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba's kimura at DREAM 14: an MMA event held May 29, 2010, in Japan.
BLACK BELT MAGAZINE'S TOP GRACIE BJJ VIDEOS Ralek Gracie: Stacking the Opponent in BJJThe first two Ralek Gracie videos proved so popular, we posted a third! This time, Ralek Gracie demonstrates how to counter an arm lock to stack an opponent!
BLACK BELT MAGAZINE'S TOP GRACIE BJJ VIDEOS Rorion Gracie: 2006 Black Belt Hall of Fame Instructor of the Year Video ProfileThis video biography of Rorion Gracie was presented during his induction into the 2006 Black Belt Hall of Fame as Instructor of the Year. The son of Brazilian jiu-jitsu founder Helio Gracie, Rorion Gracie founded the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance, California. Some highlights from the martial career of Rorion Gracie include the following:
- In a 1987 issue of Playboy, Rorion Gracie issued what became known as the Gracie Challenge: He invited anyone — regardless of style, weight or reputation — to prove his skills in a no-holds-barred match against Brazilian jui-jitsu.
- In 1993, Rorion Gracie and associate Art Davie created, financed and produced the Ultimate Fighting Championship, which brought mixed-martial arts competition into the mainstream.
- In addition to his jiu-jitsu curriculum for youths and adults, Rorion Gracie has developed a self-defense system called Women Empowered, as well as programs that focus on the needs of military personnel, law-enforcement agencies and air marshals.
- Rorion Gracie has received more than 100 Recognition Coins from the U.S. military and various government agencies, including the FBI, Department of Justice and United Nations Security Council.
- To ensure that the Gracie tradition lives on, he’s groomed his sons — Ryron, Rener and Ralek Gracie — to teach the grappling art.