Just like royalty has dynastic families that rule over nations, martial arts have dynasties that rule over the world of combat. So here's a list of our top five family dynasties in martial arts...
5. The Machado Family<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://blackbeltmag.com/media-library/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDQzOTE0OS9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyODM4Mjg1MH0.8-cPS5utHP1zXLaxarCb58hAevMPOIH5WV1snCtkUrI/image.jpg?width=980" id="23837" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="153ce548b5ccd1addb8cd9760332d791" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Machado Jiu Jitsu" />
jiujitsustyle.com<p>While often considered just an extension of the Gracie family, the Machado's do not actually descend from the Gracies, though they are cousins to the sprawling Brazilian clan and did originally learn their jiu-jitsu from them. But they've since branched off making their own important mark in the martial arts world. The family of five brothers - Carlos, Roger, Rigan, Jean Jacques and John have garnered a plethora of national and international championships between them.</p>
4. The Canete Family<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://blackbeltmag.com/media-library/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDQzOTE1Mi9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1OTM5NTMzN30.IrEn2ZmKzo_b1raGGW6Qvw1UVFahm6dI6gKhkmojR_g/image.jpg?width=1245&coordinates=0%2C29%2C0%2C635&height=700" id="003ae" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="680a4d3a1f666d665d20ff18ed85a064" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="canete escrima kali" />
3. The Chen Family<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://blackbeltmag.com/media-library/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDQzOTE2My9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1MTQ3NTExMn0.cNigrpKYyR1rLLYHUdi6Oo0ntHV6RMkUZ9SXwc4-u5M/image.jpg?width=1245&coordinates=65%2C-1%2C61%2C1&height=700" id="aaf92" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="dad32eddcc2be8de860573ff084b0b73" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Chen Wangting Tai Chi" />
2. The Gracie Family<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://blackbeltmag.com/media-library/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDQzOTE2NS9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1NzIzMzk2OX0.URLXiJEq3PgM5Dhq50gl2p1t1wiRlg223w_HU4i8YE8/image.png?width=1245&coordinates=0%2C0%2C0%2C0&height=700" id="43a0a" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="e123071299471446861f73d518b125ec" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Gracie Family Jiu Jitsu" />
1. The Yagyu Family<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://blackbeltmag.com/media-library/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDQzOTE2OC9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYzOTc2NjQ5NX0.Dvv23kQ2MajQ4CxbQbHxy8HhkJcCYmeIHfvOcmOIa5k/image.png?width=1245&coordinates=0%2C73%2C0%2C310&height=700" id="d636a" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="54e4cf8971de793468ddcdbb35cdf719" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Yagyu Munetoshi" />
Bruce Lee's secret to self-mastery can be found hidden in the following quote, "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." Discipline, dedication and repetition over time are the keys to mastery. To get results like Bruce Lee we need to train like Bruce Lee.
Hard work requires tough gear, and a tough bag that can handle the wear and tear incurred from the rigors of hard work can make all the difference. The Tactical Trainer Backpack from Century Martial Arts may be just a backpack, but it's tougher than any other backpack you'll find.
In December 1979, I found myself meeting with a film director named Ding Shan-xi. He had thick-rimmed glasses, combed-back hair and a stature that commanded respect. We were at an abandoned American military base in Taipei for my first audition for a kung fu film.
- kung-fu-movies - Black Belt Magazine ›
- Martial Arts of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Part One) - Black Belt ... ›
- Analyzing Martial Arts on Network TV: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Black ... ›
- A Monumental Kung Fu Film Is Coming! Are You Ready for The ... ›